Many (but not all) pages on the Unreal Wiki are part of one (or several) of the following categories. Go to one of the category pages to get a list of all pages in it.
- General mapping and modding topics.
- Category Application – useful applications and third-party tools
- Category FAQ – compilations of frequent problems and their solutions on several topic areas
- Category Troubleshooting – specific step-by-step troubleshooting instructions
- Category How Do I, Basic Procedure – short, to-the-point tutorials for frequent tasks
- Category Tutorial – longer, elaborate tutorials for more complex tasks
- Topics on different aspects of editing the game.
- Topics and reference pages revolving around UnrealScript.
- Category Class (RTNP) – class reference for Return to Na Pali (an Unreal expansion pack)
- Category Class (UT) – class reference for Unreal Tournament
- Category Class (UT2003) – class reference for Unreal Tournament 2003
- Category Custom Class – documentation and source code for a custom add-on class
- Category Enum – reference for certain important enumerations in Unreal-engine script code
- Wiki Community
- Topics related to the community around the Unreal Wiki.
- Wiki Management
- Special tags and links for internal use.
The Category system is a ReverseIndex: To belong to a category, a page is tagged with the linked name of that category, usually at end of the text. That link takes you to a category page that lists all tagged pages.
Basically, every page is backwards-linked to its category page, but the category page doesn't have links back, it just has the ability to be searched and display a list of pages in that category – however, if you're bored or you have a minute to spare, you can add a "hard-coded" index to a Category page, but because this list can become outdated, bear in mind when navigating the system that you'll always get the freshest list by clicking the title.
This page is Category Category, the category of category pages. See below for a list of all categories on this wiki.
Simply add a normal link to the category page in question to the bottom of the page. It is customary to make the category link the last item on a page (even after a discussion) and to add a horizontal ruler directly above it:
If a page belongs to several categories, simply add all applicable category page links in distinct lines, separated by \\ for a line break (as opposed to a paragraph break):
Personal Page]] \\
If you want to link to a category page without making the page this link is on part of that category (like, if you want to link to Category Personal Page from a general topic page), add an extra vertical bar at the end of the link:
Check [[Category Personal Page|]] for a list of personal pages.
To suggest a new category, add a comment on the /Discuss subpage.
Members of this category: 19 pages foundCategory Application
Category Class (RTNP)
Category Class (UT)
Category Class (UT2003)
Category Class Tree
Category Custom Class
Category How Do I
Category Personal Page
Category To Do